A position is a security template defined by a Security Administrator to which multiple users can be assigned. With positions, a Security Administrator can create a template for security once and assign multiple users to the template as needed.
Position security is used to establish security for users in the Content WebApp.
When a user is assigned to a position, the position establishes the business processes, roles, and for each role through org units, the subset of data users can access in the Content WebApp.
Based on categories and the governance elements set up within a category, business processes, roles, and org unit values for a role category level can be included or removed from a position. Org unit values can also be included or removed from a role at the role level.
To work with positions:
- Add a Position
- Configure Business Processes in a Position
- Configure Roles in a Position
- Configure Category Org Unit Value Assignments for Roles at the Position Level
- Add Org Units from a Group to all Roles in a Position (optional)
- Add Org Units from a Group to a Position Role (optional)
- Configure Category Org Unit Value Assignments for Roles at the Role Level (optional)
- Configure the Read-Only/Editable setting for Org Unit Value Assignments for Roles (optional)
- Configure Users in a Position