What's New in
BackOffice Associates® Solutions 7.0
This topic contains:
WARNING: Any additions or changes users have made to CTS configuration (Admin > CTS >Configuration) may be lost when upgrading from DSP 6.6.x or earlier.
Prior to any upgrade backups should be taken of all databases. Once the upgrade is complete, if any custom CTS configurations are found to be missing, then the backup of the CranSoft database should be restored to a new database (DO NOT restore it to the CranSoft database). The missing custom configurations can be merged into the CranSoft.dbo.CTSConfig% tables from the restored backup.
Please contact BackOffice Support at support.boaweb.com if you would like assistance with this activity.
Updated User Interface
- The look and feel of the DSP® has been updated for 7.0. All pages and functionality are still available. Refer to DSP® Navigation for more information.
- The Styles page in System Administration has been updated with additional options. After upgrading to 7.0, custom styles may have to be updated by an Administrator. Refer to Add a Style in System Administration for more information.
- Images in the DSP have been updated to svg format. Refer to Add or Update Custom Icons for Custom WebApps for more information about working with svg images.
Updated Online Help Interface
- The look and feel of the online help has been updated. Refer to How to Use Online Help for more information.
- The online help is now hosted and accessible via a URL, instead of being installed on site with the DSP. This allows for updates and improvements to help to be made independent of a product release.
Data Stewardship Platform (DSP®)
The DSP now supports SQL Server 2017.
- Administrators now have an avatar icon in the Site toolbar that displays the Administrator’s initials and has a service light. The service light continuously displays the current status of background jobs. When admin users click the avatar, depending on the service light color, the icon directs the user to different linked pages. The service light colors indicate:
- Red — Service down; links to Resources page
- Yellow — Service job failed; links to Jobs (Failed) page
- Green — Nothing in failed job queue; links to Resources page
- The Styles page has been updated to reflect the additional interface elements that can be styled with 7.0. Elements that are no longer styled have been removed.
NOTE: Custom styles may need to be adjusted after an upgrade to 7.0. Refer to the Styles page for information about each option.
- The System Administration help is no longer delivered in a separate help system. Sections for System Administration, DSP Add-Ons and WebApp Development are now included in the product help.
- Added a tutorial video for Data Type Conversions to the Set Up Connection Types topic.
- Clarified the topic Log Events and Access to Personal Data with information on how to delete log files.
Added the following note to clarify the use of the key column property when creating events to the topics Set Parameters for a Public WebApp Event, Event Design Process, and Set a Parameter Value for Business Rule Parameters for a Public WebApp Event:
NOTE: When creating an event, a key column property must be set if the page is based on a view or if the page doesn’t have a primary key. For example, a user creates a background event that runs on a Vertical View, but the parameter, the primary key, only displays on the Horizontal View.
The user must either:
- Include the primary key as one of the arguments in the stored procedure (since it should be in both the Horizontal and Vertical View) and then, in the stored procedure, run a select statement to get another column's value from the Vertical View using the primary key.
- Include the column in the Horizontal View and hide it via a column property with the Horizontal View type. Refer to Set Column Control Status for more information.
- Updated the topics Data Sources in System Administration and Data Source Registry in Common for clarity.
- Added the section Create Reports to WebApp Development.
- Added the following System Administration topics:
- Identify SQL Performance Issues
- Control (Formats)
- View Controls and Control Formats
- Audit Configuration
- Audit Tables
- Job Queue (Task)
- Set Parameters for a Public WebApp Event
- Page Event Parameters
- View a User’s Authentications, Property Changes and Access Changes
- User History Log
- Column Events
- Add a Data Source Instance
- View Data Source Types and Features
- Data Source Instances H
- Data Source Audit Report
- Data Source Features
- Data Source Types
- Data Source Type Features
- How the DSP Uses Data Source Types
- View boaStatus Values
- Use boaStatus to Set a Toolbar Button’s Control Status
- Review Dashboard Customization Settings For a User
- Unlock User Accounts
- Customization Review
- Users (Current)
- Users (Locked)
- Copied Pages
- Add Layouts
- Copy a Layout
- Merge a Language
- Merge Language
- Add a Message Type
- Message Types H
- Set Values for System Types Table Fields
- System Types Table Statics
- Add a Service Queue
- Service Providers
- Service Queues
- Removed the Map help topics "Add zFields" and "Columns in Source added by User not in Map Schema" as the functionality is covered using utility fields. Refer to Append Columns to all Target or Source Tables for more information.
- Clarified Target Table Name field description on Packages page in Assemble to include the note: "NOTE: If spaces or special characters are required in the table name, the name must be enclosed in square brackets ([ and ])."
- Added field descriptions for the following pages in Integrate:
- Updated the field descriptions to correct field location for these dspMonitor pages:
- Added these field descriptions for dspConduct™:
- Corrected an issue where the request status displayed in the Content WebApp incorrectly. When a request displayed the “Scheduled” request status in dspConduct, it displayed the “Request in Process” status in the Content WebApp. With the fix, the request status displays correctly in the Content WebApp, and users can view which requests are scheduled to post in the future. [DSP70-185]
- Fixed an issue where, under certain conditions, records were not written to a log table when a role was not used in any of the later dependencies in a request. For example, if role 1 had roles 2, A, B, and C dependent on it, and role 2 had roles B, C, and D dependent on it, when role 2 completed, no log entry was created for role D. Additionally, if role D was dependent on any other role, no log entry was created. Now, records are written to the log table without issues. [DSP70-202]
- Fixed an issue when using the Group Post feature where the user ID of the person triggering the posting process was not recorded correctly against each of the posting steps. The user ID stored as the request's Posted By value is now used for the individual posting processes in that request. [DSP70-203]
Deadlock errors occurred and duplicate fields displayed on the Target Source Schema page in Map when a user selected multiple fields and clicked the Reset button. With the fix, the Reset icon is active when one field is selected, and is dimmed when multiple fields are selected. [DSP70-198]
Fixed an issue where, in certain situations, DSP did not map the correct SQL Server data type to a System Type field’s data type when building tables using AutoGen. With the fix, all relevant data types can now be mapped for System Type field’s data types, and tables are built correctly. [DSP70-201]
An issue occurred and users could not execute target reports that had key field names that contained special characters. With this fix, users can execute target reports in Transform, even if the key field names contain special characters. [DSP-6552]
Postal code formats for validations used in dspMonitor™ have been updated as a result of SAP OSS number 1381564. [DSP70-199].
Data Stewardship Platform (DSP)®
An issue occurred where SSIS packages took too long to process. With this fix, the code for processing SSIS packages was changed back to OleDB.net and is processing quickly; users no longer need to use the ManualSSIS Package workaround. [DSP70-270]
An issue occurred where Lookup Table values were not being populated when System Types were imported into Common. With this fix, System Type Import populates Lookup Table values for System Types Table Fields as expected. [DSP70-282]
- The navigation for the field description topic describing the Target Source Copy To page in the DSP was improved. Also, both a field description and use case topic were added to the help that explains the Target Rule Copy To page in the DSP. [DSP-9544]
- Improved the RANGE LOW and RANGE HIGH field descriptions on the Sample Sizes (Setup) page in Transform.
IG Universal Connect
Fixed an issue with the plugin used by Integrate and Collect to call Boomi that caused an error when the number of processes in a single account was greater than 400. [DSP70-87]
WARNING: Customizations made to any component of the delivered BackOffice Associates® Solutions will be overwritten in the next upgrade. To preserve customizations, make a copy of the customizations prior to applying any upgrade.
A customization is a change to the underlying source code, which differs from configuration – normal setup of the software, such as setting up workflows and defining parameters via the configuration pages.
- What's New in BackOffice Associates® Solutions 6.7.1
- BackOffice Associates Solutions 6.7
- BackOffice Associates Solutions 6.6.4
- BackOffice Associates Solutions 6.6.3
- BackOffice Associates® Solutions 6.6.2
- BackOffice Associates® Solutions 6.6.1
- BackOffice Associates® Solutions 6.6
NOTE: 6.5.4 and 6.5.5 versions of BackOffice Associates® Solutions were not released. The immediately prior release to 6.5.6 was version 6.5.3.
- BackOffice Associates® Solutions 6.5.3
- BackOffice Associates® Solutions 6.5.2
- BackOffice Associates® Solutions 6.5.1
- BackOffice Associates® Solutions 6.5
NOTE: A 6.4 version of BackOffice Associates® Solutions was not released. The immediately prior release to 6.5 was version 6.3.1.
- BackOffice Associates® Solutions 6.3.1
- BackOffice Associates® Solutions 6.3
- BackOffice Associates® Solutions 6.2
- BackOffice Associates® Solutions 6.1
- BackOffice Associates® Solutions 6.0.3
- BackOffice Associates® Solutions 6.0.2
- DSP®-dspMigrate™ 6.0.1
Help Build Date:February 07, 2022 10:00:47 AM