Every field mapping must be approved by a Developer on the Mapping Approval page. Once approved, the mapping is considered complete and is tracked as “Complete” on Wave gate metrics reports. The rule for the mapping can then be generated in AutoGen.
NOTE: The Mapping Approval page is accessed by clicking the green Mapping Approval tab on the Quick Panel. To view the Mapping Approval tab on the Quick Panel, a Developer must be assigned to a role that has the MappingApproval WebApp Group assigned to it. An Administrator assigns WebApp Groups to a security role. If a Developer is not assigned to a role with the MappingApproval WebApp Group assigned to it, the Mapping Approval tab does not display on the Quick Panel.
NOTE: A Developer should also be assigned Transform access (PowerUser Group) and Target Design access (PowerUser Group)
NOTE: To view mappings on the Mapping Approval page, a Developer must be assigned to the Target or Source in Target Design. Refer to Assign Developers to a Target or Source for more information.
NOTE: The Mapping Approval process updates the Mapping Status and Rule Status in Map. Refer to Mapping Status and Rule Status for more information.
A Developer assigned to Target or Source uses the Mapping Approval page to:
- Review new field mappings and updates to field mappings involving the Target or Source
- Approve mappings
- Reject mappings and provide a rejection reason
- Reject mappings and provide a rejection reason and SQL code to update the mappings in Map if the mapping action is Rule or RuleXref
NOTE: When the developer rejects the mapping, the Mapped By and Mapped On fields in Map are set to NULL.
NOTE: A Developer can select how to receive notifications when mappings are ready for review. Refer to Set Message Types for Mapping Review for more information.
NOTE: A Developer can click the Complete icon to approve the mapping, and set the Mapping Status and Rule Status for the selected mapping to Complete. When a mapping is approved, the Rule Status is set to In Progress by default. Clicking the Complete icon bypasses the In Process status. The rule can then be created in SQL AutoGen.
In the Mapping Approval process:
- A Mapper configures a mapping in Map, saves the mapping, and then clicks Submit on the Page toolbar of the Field Mappings page.
- The Developer clicks the green tab on the Quick Panel to open the Mapping Approval page to view mappings waiting for approval.
- The Developer reviews the mapping and either approves or rejects it.
This section contains the following topics:
- Download Mappings for Review
- Approve the Mapping
- Reject the Mapping
- Approve or Reject Multiple Mappings