What's New in
BackOffice Associates® Solutions 7.0.4
NOTE: Version 7.0.4 of the DSP will be released in early March.
This topic contains:
Data Stewardship Platform (DSP®)
The DSP® assists clients with corporate or regulatory compliance by logging all events related to processing personal data in a data source identified at the client site. The logs are created daily as .CSV files. The DSP creates a log entry every time an event executes in DSP in any application, including each page load. A log retention period has been added to the Logging Options tab on the Parameters page in System Administration. Using this field, a user can set a date by which these logs are deleted. Refer to Log Events and Access to Personal Data for more information.
- When connecting to a HANA data source, the DSP now creates a session variable called APPLICATION and sets the value to VBR_DSP_HDI.
- A Previous Password field has been added to the My Profile page. When users reset their passwords, they must enter their current password into this field, along with the new password and a confirmation, to reset it.
The DSP installation package now includes a user prompt to create and confirm the administrator password as part of the installation and users do not need to change the password immediately after installation as part of the configuration of the application.
NOTE: This enhancement does not apply to upgrades as the administrator account password will already be set and known.
Since all tables in DSP are required to have primary keys, if the Download Keys Indexes field on the Target Sources page's Vertical View was not checked during registration of the source, many tables were created without primary keys and had to be rebuilt and refreshed later. Now, the Download Keys Indexes field is checked by default.
Added the topic Extraction Methods for End-to-End Integration Solution.
Fixed an issue where Target and Source reports were failing because they were being executed against the Migration Object Database Data Source Name instead of the Migration Object Database Data Source Database Name. [DSP70-498]
- Corrected an issue where, when archiving requests, the Posted On, Posted By and Post Start Time were not included in the archived record. With the fix, these values are captured so that the archived request's data is complete. [DSP70-509]
- Fixed an issue where the X and Y axis on the Request Time Taken chart in dashboards overlapped at a 200% font zoom. To fix this issue, the following text changes were made to increase space on the axes and therefore avoid overlapping:
- Renamed the page from Request Time Taken to Active Requests Time Taken (Days).
- Renamed columns from Longest Days Active, Shortest Days Active and Average Days Active to Longest, Shortest and Average.
- Changed the date to a numeric format, e.g., 01/2018 instead of Jan 1, 2018. [DSP70-411]
Data Stewardship Platform (DSP®)
- The CSV download/export feature assumes files are opened by a spreadsheet program that allows formulas (such as Excel). When not opened by a spreadsheet program, an issue occurred with CSV files where formulas that should be displayed as text were being executed, and therefore displayed warnings to the user. To resolve this issue, an apostrophe was prefixed to the first character of cells that start with an equal (=), plus (+), minus (-) or “at” sign (@). [DSP70-476]
DSP user email addresses have historically been limited to 50 characters. This limitation has been removed in this release. With this fix, user email addresses used to access the DSP can be up to 255 characters long. [DSP70-480]
Fixed an issue with file delimited CranPort packages (of any Target data source with a text delimiter defined) where the last column displayed as NULL under the following conditions:
- At least 1 column other than the last column was delimited by the defined text delimiter
- The last column did not have a text delimiter
- The last column was a single character (such as A or 1)
All rows now populate as expected: with values and with the text delimiters dropped from the delimited values. [DSP70-506]
- Fixed an issue where Data Services package builds failed with the error “The maximum message size quota for incoming messages (65536) has been exceeded." A large number of jobs being built in a single Data Services repository caused the issue. To correct it, target sources can now have a Data Services repository assigned. In prior versions, the repository could only be assigned at the target level. Data Services jobs for different source systems can be registered and created in separate repositories, and the issue that causes the error no longer occurs. Consider creating and registering an additional repository for separate target sources to minimize the chance of overloading the communication between Collect and Data Services. Refer to Configure Source for SAP Data Services for more information. [DSP70-453]
- Fixed an issue where if the data in the Connection String field at the target source level was encrypted, any refresh would result in the data being decrypted. Now, whether the refresh is at the target or target source table level, manual or scheduled, the data in the Connection String field remains encrypted.[DSP70-538]
An issue occurred on the Target Source (Tables) page where builds failed with a PRIMARY KEY error when trying to build a package for a table that existed twice in the source for two different schemas. With this fix, the schema owner is included when pulling the table definitions, allowing packages to build successfully. [DSP70-430]
An issue occurred on the Job Detail page where scheduled refreshes that had successfully completed were recorded as having a Cancelled status. With this fix, successful refreshes are now recorded as having a Completed status. [DSP70-433]
WARNING: Customizations made to any component of the delivered BackOffice Associates® Solutions will be overwritten in the next upgrade. To preserve customizations, make a copy of the customizations prior to applying any upgrade.
A customization is a change to the underlying source code, which differs from configuration – normal setup of the software, such as setting up workflows and defining parameters via the configuration pages.
- Syniti Solutions 7.0.3
- Syniti Solutions 7.0.2
- Syniti Solutions 7.0.1
- Syniti Solutions 7.0
- BackOffice Associates® Solutions 6.7.1
- BackOffice Associates Solutions 6.7
- BackOffice Associates Solutions 6.6.4
- BackOffice Associates Solutions 6.6.3
- BackOffice Associates® Solutions 6.6.2
- BackOffice Associates® Solutions 6.6.1
- BackOffice Associates® Solutions 6.6
- BackOffice Associates® Solutions 6.5.6
NOTE: 6.5.4 and 6.5.5 versions of BackOffice Associates® Solutions were not released. The immediately prior release to 6.5.6 was version 6.5.3.
- BackOffice Associates® Solutions 6.5.3
- BackOffice Associates® Solutions 6.5.2
- BackOffice Associates® Solutions 6.5.1
- BackOffice Associates® Solutions 6.5
NOTE: A 6.4 version of BackOffice Associates® Solutions was not released. The immediately prior release to 6.5 was version 6.3.1.
- BackOffice Associates® Solutions 6.3.1
- BackOffice Associates® Solutions 6.3
- BackOffice Associates® Solutions 6.2
- BackOffice Associates® Solutions 6.1
- BackOffice Associates® Solutions 6.0.3
- BackOffice Associates® Solutions 6.0.2
- DSP®-dspMigrate™ 6.0.1
Help Build Date:September 15, 2020 12:48:01 PM