Enable Auditing for the Content WebApp Tables
For the Review role to view the changes for a request, an Administrator must enable auditing for a table for the Content WebApp data source. The table contains the data that is used in the request and any updates to this data display for the Review role on the Review Role Audit Details page.
To enable auditing for a table in the Content WebApp’s data source:
- Click Admin > Data Sources in the Navigation pane.
- Click the Audit icon for the Content WebApp’s data source.
- Click Edit.
- Select the data source from Audit Data Source ID list box.
NOTE: The tables to be audited must be added.
- Click the Tables icon.
- Select the table from Table Name list box.
- Verify Enable Auditing check box is enabled.
These buttons become enabled on the Horizontal View.
- Build Audit Tables – Creates the audit tables in the specified data source. Once the tables are built, the Snapshot Data button is enabled.
- Snapshot Data – Creates a copy of the tables when the snapshot is taken. When a record is edited, the audit trail records both the before and the after values. However, the trail only shows values that are edited. Snapshot Data can be viewed as an insert for existing records. If the audit is enabled after the table has values in it, the trail has no way of telling where the data came from, so the snapshot is a way of verifying that some data existed prior to auditing.
- Check Columns – Reports any differences between the columns in the table and the audit table. When the audit tables are built, all the columns from the table that are being audited are included. However, it is possible to have a case where the columns in the table and the audit tables do not match. There can be two reasons for the misalignment: 1) the Designer removed some columns from the audit table because those values should not be audited or 2) the Designer added columns to the table after the audit tables were built and did not manually update the audit tables.
- Click Build Audit Tables button, a validation message displays.
- Click OK.
- Click Snapshot button, a validation message displays.
- Click OK.
Continue with Register Tables and Columns to be Audited in dspConduct