Set the Auto Gen Level for a Target
A setting on the Automation page’s Vertical View configures if and how SQL Objects are auto-generated in the database and registered in Transform.
NOTE: Altered table commands are used to add missing columns. Rules only create views and stored procedures that are missing. They do not update any views or stored procedures.
The Auto Gen Levels are:
New Rules – Alter Table and Build New Views and Stored Procedures Only – When autogenerating, a table is updated and only new views and stored procedures are created. Existing views and stored procedures are not updated.
- Off – No Generating Any SQL Objects – AutoGen is not used.
NOTE: Rules for mappings with the Copy, Default, Rule, XRef, and Xref actions are not built. For mappings with the Construction action (for example, mappings that use Enhanced Construction), the table and field are not created in the target database and a page is not created in Construct. Full Construction objects are built via the Sync in Target Design. The rules must be generated on the Automation SQL Field Mappings page. Refer to Create Rules using SQL AutoGen for more information.
- On – Drop & Rebuild Table, Views and Stored Procedures – Any SQL objects previously created for the target are dropped and a new table, SQL views and stored procedures with the same name are added.
- Rebuild – Alter Table and Drop & Rebuild Views And Stored Procedures – The table is updated. Views and stored procedures previously created for the target are dropped and new SQL views and stored procedures with the same name are added.
To set the Auto Gen Level for a Target in AutoGen:
- Click the Automation tab in the Quick Panel.
- Click the Vertical View icon for an Object.
- Click Edit.
- Select an option in the Auto Gen Level list box.
- Click Save.