By default, the Duplicate Detection validation rule uses the search index. A page can be explicitly associated with an index for searching and with another index for Duplicate Detection. This association is useful when records are added to one table; however, duplicates need to be checked for in another table.
NOTE: When performing Duplicate Detection against an index of another table, the view must contain the primary key columns as defined at the index level. If there are no keys defined at the index level, then the view must contain the source table’s primary keys.
To define the index for Duplicate Detection:
- Click Admin > WebApps on the Navigation pane.
- Click the Pages icon for a webapp.
- Click Vertical View for a page.
- Click the Search Options tab.
- Select an option from Duplicate Detection Search ID list box.
- Click Save.