Configure Logging Severities
Log severities assign a severity level to each task, such as debug, notice, and error. An image is associated with each severity level, which displays on the log. Refer to View Logs for an Interface for more information on accessing an interface’s log.
Automate is delivered with the following defined severities:
- 80 – Fatal– Production, fatal application error, application cannot continue, e.g., the database is down.
- 70 – Error– Production, application error/exception, but the application can continue. Part of the application is not working properly.
- 60 – Warning– Production, simple application error or unexpected behavior, but the application can continue, e.g., a bad login attempt or unexpected data import during jobs.
- 50 – Notice– Production, notice information
- 40 – Info– optionally, course grained (rarely written information), used to print that a configuration is initialized or that a long running import job is starting and ending.
- 30 - SQL– statements and results
- 20 - Trace– Program executions
- 10 - Debug – Variables
Users may want to configure the image or the HTML tags for severities and have HTML tags that display in the interface’s log, but it is not essential. In order to configure the image, users must have access to System Administration.
To configure a logging severity in Automate:
- Select Configuration > Logging > Severities in the Navigation pane.
- Click Vertical View for the desired Image.
Select an image from the Image Name list box.
NOTE: Images are added and configured on the Images page in System Administration. Refer to the Add an Image to the DSP for more information.
- Enter an HTML preformat tag in the Html Pre Tag field.
Enter an HTML postformat tag in the Html Post Tag field.
NOTE: These HTML tags configure the log message in the Automate Log page. For example, the default messages for Notice severities display in a green font and Error messages display in red.
- Click Save.