Enable List Allow Insert
Options for List Allow Insert are:
- No – Insert does not display and additional options cannot be added or searched.
- Yes – Insert displays and any additional option can be entered in the field regardless of the options available in the list box or combo box. The record is considered valid. The added value does not become a future option in the table.
- Constrained to table – A user can add a new entry by clicking Use this Value. A validation rule automatically runs to verify the entry is valid. This prevents undesirable data being added to the list table.
List Allow Insert Page ID is a column property that works in conjunction with List Allow Insert. This feature permits additional values not available in the list to be added to the associated list. If both are enabled, clicking the icon opens a window containing the page associated with the list. Enter the new options in the fields and the value is available in the list box when adding new records.
NOTE: The current user must have security to add new records to the page associated with the list.
Refer to Add List Boxes and Combo Boxes for general information.
To enable List Allow Insert Page ID:
- Vertical View for a list box or combo box.
- Click the Advanced Properties tab.
Select Yes from the List Allow Insert list box.
NOTE: Yes must be selected so a new record can be added and validated.
- Select the page name from List Allow Insert Page ID list box.
- Click Save.