All files in a directory according to a specific mask can be deleted.
WARNING: This action cannot be undone.
NOTE: The root of a drive (i.e., C:\) cannot be specified for the Delete Files plugin.
To delete files:
Select Toolkit > File/Folder in Navigation pane.
NOTE: If no records exist, the page displays in add mode. Otherwise, click Add.
- Enter a source directory in IO DELETE SOURCE field where files to be deleted reside.
Click Save; the Vertical View displays.
- Enter a filter of what file to delete in IO Delete Mask field, e.g., *.pdf to delete PDF files.
- Enter the number of days in IO Delete Minimum Created Age field (optional). If the file Created On date is older than this value, the file is deleted.
Enter the number of days in IO Delete Minimum Changed Age field (optional). If the file Modified On date is older than this value, the file is deleted.
NOTE: If both IO Delete Minimum Created Age and IO Delete Minimum Changed Age are specified, the utility will not delete the file unless both the CreatedOn and ModifiedOn dates of the file meet the respective criteria.
- Click IO Delete Recursive check box to enable it, deleting all files in subfolders (optional).
- Click IO Delete Empty Folders check box enabling it, deleting empty folders after files are deleted (optional).
- Click Save.
- Click Delete Files; a confirmation message displays.
- Click Ok; all files in the IO Delete Source folder that meet the following criteria are deleted:
- Conform to the IO Delete Mask
- The Created On date is older than the IO Delete Minimum Created Age days
- The Modified On date is older than the IO Delete Minimum Changed Age days